Welcome to Odcombe Parish Council 

Odcombe is a village and civil parish in south Somerset, England, 3 miles (4.8 km) west of the town of Yeovil, with a population of 759 in 2011.

The upper part of the village, Higher Odcombe, sits on the crest of the hill, while the lower part, Lower Odcombe, is built on its northern slopes.

Odcombe falls within the Yeovil Parliamentary constituency and is covered by the Non-metropolitan district of South Somerset.
Church in Snow


Parish History

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Odcombe as:

ODCOMBE, a village and a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset. The village stands near the London, Yeovil, and Exeter railway, 3 miles W of Yeovil r. station. The parish contains also the hamlet of Houndstone; and its post town is Yeovil. Acres, 1, 276. Real property, £3, 539. Pop. in 1851, 713; in 1861, 652. Houses, 151. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. Phelips, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath an ells. Value, £641.* Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is late perpendicular, in good condition; and consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower. There are a British school, and charities £9. Hody, the theologian, was a native."